Monday 14 March 2011

Fat, but well??? (more than can be said for my slimline * pc!!!)

I can't get me head round 'Sticky Keys'????? :D And no, I've not spilt Pop on it, or had an erotic session, with an Internet date. Oooooh av I said too much??

:D I had to have, this is sooo rude and probably inappropriate, but,,,I went to my GP and if I said cold metal umbrella...is that enough????

My BP, which I was concerned about was 135/85 apparently that's ok, I weigh more than I've ever weighed in my life. But she didn't seem the slightest bit bothered, about that.

I gave her one of my cards, hey I give everyone a card!!

Hey, and I've volunteered to go and tell my life story to some Czechs who are researching SDS, only because it gets cycling into folks faces!! But I want to take Ziggy!! I'll let you know!!

5 comments:

  1. I think you're getting the hang of the sticky keys thing. Are the Czechs in Dore?

    (back in't front room)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps Is it raining there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No joy wi the sticky keys, I'm on the kids PC, so borrowed time!!

    No Czecs will be in Sheff, visiting ASC. But if they want me, they are more than willing to pay for Taxis.

    Interesting 1, I've been struggling with the logistics etc of getting Ziggy into town for a CTC display, in April.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is town just too far for you to cycle.what date

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we need to work steadily on how to get Ziggy on the train or the bus and feel comfortable about the idea.

    Biggest issue is the same as the bike shed trying to move Ziggy around on your own in a confined space and falling down on your backside - a mix of frustrating and embarrassing, with the confidence issue - fear of this happening.

    Here's a pome

    If you've made up your mind to do something,
    don't linger about on the brink,
    but plunge right in and do it,
    and it won't be as hard as you think

    Trains are generally hour/2 hour frequency depending on time of day, and it is the getting on/off at Dore that poses the biggest worry as train terminates at SHF and people should be around to help.

    Pat's company (TM Travel) runs a lot of Optare Solo buses often on the 218 SHF to Bakewell (hourly) and if they have the wide doors (1100mm) it is really easy to roll on the narrow doors (800mm) are a bit trickier. Best idea is to chat-up Pat next Tuesday or this afternoon?

    Firstbus run from Dore and are very frequent - mostly modern low floor double deckers with buggy/wheelchairs space (downstairs of course!).

    As regards your sticky keys and other administration issues with your PC - you might be able to get your IT man (as opposed to It Girl) to load the windows version of Gitso (Open Source) as this allows a designated expert at another computer anywhere else, to show you the changes as they are made on your computer by a remote keyboard & mouse

    Finally here's a feisty lady - just 9 years old - setting off to ride 25 miles to raise funds to deal with the disease that nearly killed her http://tinyurl.com/6apsugp Apologies if the site is a bit in your face

    ReplyDelete