Monday 7 March 2011

neck/shoulder/wuss

I don't really know why all you physically fit chaps follow the blog of a cretinos (is that a word?) fat bird.

I cycled to my Mums today, .... (fib) ... I set off to my Mums, and my neck was just scrunching to my shoulder, I was like quasimodo as I limped about with my raised shoulder. And I know at times I behave impulsively, but at others like today, I take a long hard think of the consequences, and I'm a right wuss. I didn't want to get stranded at my Mums (3miles) and not be able to cycle back.....Gosh, that was boring...Sorry.. :) Anyway, at my Mums I met a guy who was 101, and I think he too must have had brain damage, because he too thought he was 21, and a fit attractive specimen of the human race. He was trying to 'Pull' my 80 year old mother though, so maybe not.

Steve phoned to ask how I felt about doing a 'Ride' with him? (In my dreams!!)On the cycles, and actually I do need him to accompany me to Esporta, to show me which lanes etc, (sorry all you right on women, but I go all girly, and need direction from a chap at times) So I reckon that would be a really good choice of ride, but hey ho. If the CTC has other plans I'm easy.

I loved getting all giddy with him at how good Thursday was :Dxx

3 comments:

  1. Yes its a word. Not a nice one though.
    Any way theres a difference between being limited but still using everything you have to push those limits and seek out life's richness and take pleasure in what you can do, and those who choose to sit idle and never explore or push themselves away from the comfort of the car and the sofa and the telly.

    As for the why. Its because I am stuck in this *** office and if I crane my neck and look through two sets of glass I can just about see a tree and a bit of sky. A bit of vicarious adventure goes along way!

    I feel a long lunch on the bike coming on.

    Best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, for the explanation. :)

    Hope You had a nice ride at lunchtime.

    C x

    ReplyDelete