Thursday 3 March 2011

Pic plea, email to me ????? xxxx

I'm sure you'll hear different reports of how well it went on Thursdayx Can you tell I'm very happy about it?

Hey there's even a photo floating about, of the 'Dynamic Duo' (get this!!!) on a 2 wheeled Tandam. I'm sore now though!!

There were a lot of new folk there, who were all so impressed with how friendly everyone was and how much fun cycling was. Some of my contacts, hadn't really appreciated just what it was that I loved, until today. And they were so impressed!! It was as if the coin had dropped. One physio from the Head Injuries Rehab Centre, said I cant wait to bring my Mum, she's in a wheelchair. I've only been supporting their research for 3 years!! And they suddenly have massive respect for my not so inane ramblings, and well? I thank the CTC for giving me that chance to shine.

And Adult Social Care, who I do a lot of work for, and regularly put on different events, they were bowled over with the Event.

At least 2 different individuals brought there own cycles, to show me. After reading my blog! one had come from Macclesfield,Hi Ian, I think your trikes ACE (what is it again?) DH took some nice pics of it, and I had met Ian in York...? I speak to many folk....all of the time.

Although it was a team effort, that made the day so huge a success (???) Well done to Steve M, for making us all want to do it.

Oh yeah... Apologies now for my Calendar appearance, I only got to say one line and it and it was something all balloon headed and dumb, so soz about that one. But it's on tonight.

I'm copying this to my blog. So because I'm tired.

Night

3 comments:

  1. Hope your 'garden' recovers OK I guess its in need of a bit of cultivation ;-) Better get the gardener round.

    A good day I think - nice ride back to town the hilly way with CR and JP and we talked design and art (and CR picked a route right over a big hill which we could have gone round!)

    Fun coming out from the station, sorry to the lady all togged up in lycra from Sheffield Triathalon I would have drafted you along the Barnsley Road but you were going a bit too slow for me on the Brompton in my tweed jacket, and the yellow backpack.

    Interesting fellow passengers going back including a lady who had to point to letters for me to understand her due to severe co-ordination issues.

    Re a couple of posts back - I reckon you need to try a ball rather than a mouse. Balls are brilliant - I use them in preference to a mouse or a pad, as they stay in one place and simply pop out for a quick wipe when grot collects.

    Oh and aside from my 'episode' I can generally trump your 62 with 58 and lower so you'll just need to keep pedalling. BP also low

    Chris has supplier for the straps but it might be a useful option to mix the straps with some lacing to get a balance between rigid and compliant in the seat mesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris and Dave for giving my Ass a good seein too yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The secret of enjoying your cycling is keeping the extremities warm and the undercarriage comfortably located on the cycle. The latter is a great melting pot of hocus pocus and counter claims for a range of things sat upon and worn between you and the sat upon bits.

    One amusingly named product is designed to 'feed' the chamois leather liners - Button Hole - say it quickly .....

    ReplyDelete