Monday 28 March 2011

I did reply Pete...honest

It's gone, ithink.

Such Abuse!!

But to be honest I was in such a good mood this morning I could handle it. But I could av so done with a web cam, but I'm not really into 'blame and shame' I think it's more effective when they reach the same conclusion but on their own......Let me explain. I have to go down a hill when going to visit my Mum/to the Park etc, where I always pick up lots of speed, and it just seems to carry on with intermitant cycles from me, when I get onto the flat busy narrow bit of Main Rd. Today though, I stopped at lil Tesco for a few things. (Sympathy Cards!!) Before continuing onto Mums; On my way, I got called an 'Arse Hole' twice!!! by folk in on coming cars, and someone spat a mouthful of water on me, from behind. With this I did a U turn and came back, partly because the tension in my pedals was about right, on the way home :(

I'm going to meet some folk from Czechoslavakia tomorrow, who are coming top check (bum, bum!!!) the Adult Social Care, in Sheffield. I'm not allowed to take Ziggy, but I've got plenty of photos.

But I do wonder all the time if I am doing the righht thing encouraging folk to cycle??? Not everybody can handle abuse like I got today.

10 comments:

  1. The way of the world... all I can say is bring on higher petrol prices!

    http://www.buyincoins.com/details/key-chain-spy-camera-camcorder-dv-dvr-tf-card-product-1311.html

    and

    http://lawlessderbyshire.blogspot.com/

    seems to be the only way...

    (that is the camera I use on the bike, I'm using a standard Canon point-and-shoot in the van)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!!! You know when all the news and politicians are talking about, lowering the cost, I'm saying don't do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One response to imagine is "Ah I'm glad you introduced yourself, I've never met an arsehole before"

    Must have been a bad day for them Driving certainly gets lots of folk so worked up.

    Always worth posting the numbers of folk who greet you from a passing car. Still with the state of the roads they'll soon need to be going at your speed anyway to avoid damaging their expensive cars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and the more people who cycle the more likely that Mr (usually) Bully will know the 'little brother' of the person they saw fit to abuse on the street, and you can possibly imagine how the influence will percolate through, as more people know more people who ride bikes, not forgetting that some of the people who ride bikes now just 'happen' to have significant day jobs. So get everyone out there riding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you are doing the right thing. Me and my lending bike have already inspired 3 people in my office.

    There is always some idiot. The same morons would shout at you if you were on the pavement on a electric thing. They are not really abusing you for cycling, they are just angry at the empty futility of their own sad little lives.

    My favorite response is "You are driving a van." Especially effective at the weekends.

    Suggest maybe get a 2nd hand camera phone & snap them if you can. Not sure if you can do one-handed though.
    Failing that, check said van for a web link or email address, remember the time and location if not the registration, then email the company "To the Transport Manager".

    Best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just dont know, I mean if you knew me, I'm quite 'selfish' really? I just like to be liked :)and yesterday I felt decidedly despised!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people's affection is not worth having.

    Best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete
  8. On reflection, maybe respond the girly way and blow them a big kiss?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could ask ' Do You Wanna Kiss it?'

    :D I'm soooo crude at times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice.

    Or remain smug in the knowledge that they have been kissed by something that they have defined as an aresehole.

    As long as you can get in the riposte before they are out of earshot.

    Best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete