Friday 18 March 2011

Thursday

I woke this morning with a start!!! Because :D my Daughter, did me a ring tone on my moby, which is my alarm also. And it just says 'Mum, Mum, Mudder your phone!!!! but it's so effective. I nearly jump ouit of my skin when it rings or my alarm goes off. So very good. As soon as I realised what it was and the house wasn't on fire or owt, I did struggle.

I've been so busy talking about Hillsborough, and publisizing it's success, I thought I ought to go. But I'd got my kiddies wanting me to take them to town for some stuff for Red Nose day, I realised that I'd have to meet em at 3.30 and do it then, when all I really wanted was to snuggle under the covers.

I nipped to Hillsbrough that morning. First there was a Special school, Nick and I were just setting off for a ride round the park, and some of Steves Collegues from the CTC, arrived, I said Hi, and I'd see them after. So I'm glad I made the effort this morning, as they are hoping to do a sim,ilar thing in Rochdale. As for the folk on the ride?? They were all needing 3 wheelers, apart from 1 who helped lead on a 2 wheeler. The next group Autism Plus, cancelled. So the school stopped longer.

Lunch and a chat followed, and of course, they all had a go on Ziggy. Which they loved, and were especially into the 'Kick Plates' and the Mountain drive, for some possible clients in Rochdale. I think they may get in touch Rob??

Does anyone remember Pride Of Britain? Well the group thjat were featured on that came next, bringing Amanda and Josh, who love using the velor Plus, and because Josh can use his arms a little, he tried the Side By Side' hand Cycle, phew, not with me though!! I do find that cycle hard work!!

A man brings his son, and they both use 2 wheelers and cycle off, for an hour, they are trusted regulars. I'm not too sure of his sons disabilities. Other than, I know he wears ear protectors???

Finally another 2 people came, one on the velor plus, and another on a side by side.
Both loved it, I spoke with the OT who brought them who wanted to bring her Occupational Therapy Class down from Hallam University, to see what a fantastic thing the CTC was running, at Hillsborough.

Once home, I( cycled to meet my children, locked up, and caught the bus, for Red Noses, Noodle Inn (and yes I know it was early but, there was no way, I was cooking tea!!!) Bus, Trike, Home, Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment