Tuesday 6 October 2009

I woke up this morning, at 2am, feeling so giddy and excited. This was how I remembered feeling on Xmas Eve, aged 10!!! But it was the day when Steve Marsden (CTC), along with Emma and Chris (from disability linked social services departments), were taking me to London to check out recumbent bikes.

My journey began at 9am, and it was pouring it down. The windscreen constantly steamed up, making it impossible to see too well, poor Steve :( It took about 3hrs to get to London, and 2hrs to get through, well done to the backseat drivers :)

If I'm honest, I was a little disappointed in the guys that were running the shop, I have been so used to meeting really positive folk in the cycling world - with their shelters full of bikes and spares, having a fag and a cuppa tea, they reminded me of Steptoe and Son!!!!!

I zoomed off on the first one I tried which, unfortunately, was a little tricky to get in and out of. I can see me going 'tits up'!! And there was no real uphill gradient for me to try. But what there was, I managed fine. It didn't fold either.

The second one I tried, which was much sexier, I thought, did fold to go in the boot of a car. But it was very heavy to lift and ride. But it had room for shopping etc.

I want to bring one home to actually try, on the school runs. I can't believe I said that because 5 months ago, I wouldn't have dared! Thank you again Steve, I love you :D xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment