Wednesday 3 March 2010

Fantastic Morning :)

I have contemplated applying for an Assistant Cycle Trainer course. But I suppose I just needed someone to display real faith in me. I personally know, I would be unique, as in the only disabled trainer, who uses a trike in Sheffield. Therefore really raising awareness, I think I'd be very inspirational to all young people who were wanting to learn basic road safety. I made the effort to go into school today for 'Bike it' breakfast, when if you cycled to school, you got fresh fruit and chocolate croissant, 'mmmmmm', both my kids did so that was nice :) I'm glad their school is so bike orientated. Anyway, my main purpose for going into school, was to meet Ruth from bikability, (Hi Ruth) Both my children love her, and they are a pretty good judge of character.'Hi I gasped at Ruth,' who's obviously much fitter and younger than I, and possibly never sweats through cycling, I actually felt and probably looked like a cross between a fat lass and a tomato. I gave her a contact card, just because I could!!! :) And rushed home, I say rush, because I'd sent a couple of emails off about the assistant trainer training, and anticipated a reply.

Spoke to Steve, who fully endorsed me doing the training, if the logistics could be sorted, and volunteered to look into it.....he'll get pissed off, because I won't 'let it lie', so to speak. I phoned Nigel of Health Champs fame, said that they would cover the cost of the course, my travel, and even accommodation, should I have to take the course ......in France!! ....did I say France? A wee joke there, I meant another region.

My children, are competing with each other, as to who can be illist (is that a word) Needless to say, I doubt if they'll be going to school tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog - just one small comment: Ruth is not from bikability she is a Bike It Officer from Sustrans working in partnership with Sheffield city Council. Bikeability is the new revamped cycle proficiency test. Bike It is a project run by Sustrans, a Sustainable Transport Charity and the project delivers a whole range of fun cycling activities (like the bike to school breakfast) to build on childrens cycling skills and create a pro-cycling culture in schools that sign up to the programme.

    Keep Pedalling :-)

    ReplyDelete