Wednesday 17 March 2010

:)Tuesday/Wednesday

If you were lucky enough to get a pic today via moby, I'll say this 1 more time!! It is of my leg, not of my 'p***y although it is a little p***y!! :)


I kinda struggled a bit on Ziggy, on the school run, my legs seemed to be spinning round but I wasn't getting anywhere. And the other setting was just hard work. I chose the hard work option, as it seemed quicker.

I loved this morning, I zoomed off to chat to some Mums, who were standing at the end of my road, and of course I was stopped in the road gossiping. Suddenly this big black van pulls up, and a voice shouts 'Get Off The Road!!' My friends were mortified but I recognised the voice. It was my man of the moment Mr Steve Marsden, 'I want a go' he shouted.

I said 'Good Morning' to anyone else I saw, I was in a good mood, it was a nice day.

Steve tweeked Ziggy a bit, to make things easier for me. And then a guy from the council visited, and said who's is that bike, it's fab? A long chat followed, about creatures in my loft. But not mice rats or squirells, wood burners and bikes :)

His name was Mike, and he jumped at my offer and he was off down the road and he couldnt believe what a tight turn it had, I felt great, and so proud.

My mate Julie Andrews called in, and they both stopped all morning, which was nice. I arranged to to see Steve in the morning, at the relaunch of Sheffields Independant Living, because we are one of the success stories.

I cycled to school at pick up time, with ease, it was great.

I felt a bit foolish, but I gave Steve a tin of Fox's biscuits, as a pressie for him and his family. For getting me cycling.

I've only just dared to give out thank yous, because it's like saying it has been a success, and I haven't dared, up until now. I've kept thinking my bubble will burst.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya,
    The botton gear thing by the pedals just has two settings and it is a big gear change. I would only expect you to need to use the spinning-like-mad setting going up steep hills (and now I've seen that you do have them!).

    The turning handle grip gear should give you small, delicate changes in gear which is what you'll normally want riding along.

    For 'general' riding I would expect you would want the front gear setting to 'hard' (button sticking out towards the middle of the road side) and start with the twist gear set showing '1'. Then adjust the twist gear up toward '8' as you pick up speed. You might find that '4' or '5' is as far as you get - no problem with that.

    I'm sure it'll come with practice!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Rob you are rather spoiled by the TV effect (Trent Valley - flat wet foggy) Sheffield = lumpy wet & windy (but not quite as windy as the West Coast).

    I was trying to work some cheeky comment around all this inviting people to 'try my trike / call round for a quick blast' business. Sort of peddling your favors or favoring your pedallers. but not being quite sure which was the polite thing to do.

    You have competition South of the Danelaw I think with the folding trike queen of Norwich, now breaking in to high(er) speed cycling.....

    ReplyDelete