Tuesday 2 March 2010

I'm on the up!!

Today has been good, but a bit disappointed that I didn't manage to cycle anywhere apart from the end of my road. To wave at the tesco bus, and show them the fab trike, that had taken me from them. It was great, Pat the driver used his big horn :). I caught the one an hour later, and Julie Andrews, met me on the bus, with another Mum, so we could all shop together, on the party bus. (You can tell I don't get out much, :D)

Zoomed off, to do a bit of work for Social Services, which I really enjoy, because Mary, Liz and Nikki, are very funny folk who laugh at all my jokes. Even though they hear the same ones week in week out. Hey 'Bike it' breakfast in the morning at school, and then, I'm being reassessed by Social Services!! (I bet I know the question sheet better than them!)

I don't blame you folk for your silence, I aint been inspirational of late. But I must say the spring weather is inspirational, instead, it's fab!!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you are still using the bus. I know a peripetetic arts teacher - in late 50's now who lives in Findochty (Finn'chty), sh had been working around the local (rural) primary schools for several years when her boses realised that she did not have a car - she did not even have a driving licence - and they told her that it was not possible to do the job (which she had been doing without any problems) if she did not drive.

    She was forced with great distress to learn to drive and get a car and lost the great contact she used to have with all the local parents and others she could sit and chat to on the buses she used. She probably also cost her employer more in mileage payments than she ever did in bus fares.

    Patrick Field (actor, activist, and the London School of Cycling) was on the radio on Mon (23.00 R4) and made the point that he had a driving licence and would drive a car if it was the appropriate transport for his need at the time but he made a great point that we should all be able to sensibly choose the appropriate transport for the journeys we make.

    Now I wonder if I could hire a T-38 (with ammunition on a pay as you use deal)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And would 'appropriate' use of it, be when you next go to the House of Commons?

    ReplyDelete