Friday 5 March 2010

Wow

I do feel like it should be Mothers Day....NOW. You know when you hear all the adverts saying 'Doesn't your Mum deserve the best?' Well I shout back (on the inside YES!! I do) Because after keeping me up all night with ear aches and sore throats. I cycled to the drs this am, with them both. I may as well get a bed there, I'm there that often at the mo.

Anyway, I was not in a fab mood because my pc, had broken been fixed and blown up, as soon as the guy had gone :( And what with my kids off school, the chances of me using theirs were very seldom.

Also I'm very keen to complete the Wheels For All again, and it just happens to be on the same day as my ICDH course, presentation. Which basically if I don't do, I won't pass :(

My mate Anj called in for a coffee, which was nice we always laugh till we cry, just at life situations really :D

Before I go off on a tangent, the bike tram which is on the Sunday 21st of March, from the Cathederal in Sheffield, and returning back at 3pm.

Back to this evening, the phone rang and it was a PR for Rony Robinsons, and did I fancy going on his show on Monday afternoon. Now I realise hey ho I obviously wasn't the first choice. But I don't care I get the chance to publisize inclusive cycling, and if people see hear the very positive effect it's had on me. They might just want to try cycling for themselves. Maybe they too could fit it into their own routine.

Anyway, if I don't thank you all publicly for your fantastic influence, I'm thanking you on the inside :)

4 comments:

  1. With all the opublicity you are giving it the tram assisted bike rides may well break records - again. the lat one had 36 cycles on the tram - comfortably fitted and with no hiatus to load or unload.

    Of course the real delivery will be w2han you don't actually have to publicise a 'special' tram for Cyclists who want to get out of the city for a bike ride on Sunday - every tram should have an arragement to carry bikes - after all for a lot of the time or route on a Sunday they are hardly filled and standing with passengers.

    Does this mean you need to try-out the train as well - of course it will be just your luck that the trains will either not be running from Dores before midday on Sunday, of stopped completely for engineering work.

    You might need to play the tested argument that if you were not riding the trike you'd be on a scooter or in a wheelchair which they would have no problems with - ergo the trike is your wheelchair, and there are spaces for those on trains an buses - by law. You'll need to check-out the buses with Pat - (now I wonder if that's really why you keep catching that Tesco bus (trouser chasers club?) Note that the bus routes from Hillsborough to Bradfields and Rivelin do carry bikes and the summer service to Stanage has in previous years - saves a slog on busy roads and hills - you might even find out about who Stevenson Fountain was (yes that's his name) and what he was famous for.

    And who the dickens is Rony (Rory/Ronny?) Robinson? If you are broadcasting to the Nation (and Yorkshire) we need a bit more detail!

    Sympathise with you over the PC - the wife raided the office and went off with the PC set up for my graphics and photo shop stuff. Leaves me with much slower process to do same things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops rushed fingers Dores is rather too far to cycle (around 500 miles at a rough guess) I meant Dore

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think ICF, could maybe think of coming on the cycle tram. Depending on where they have there AGM. I'm being a wuss this year, remember I'm quite new to all this. So the idea of cycling from the train station in town, to the cathederal, terrifies me. So my Health Champs folk, are paying for me to get a cab, that will take 'Jezz' and I to the Cathederal.

    Hey, I've received notification, that my new trike is on it's way. Oooooooooooh xx

    Rory Robinson, is a really interesting DJ, who's on Radio Sheffield, between 2-3, I think the station heard my grumbles about my last interview, so are giving me another go.

    Thank you for givin me one (a comment :D)I was beginning to think something else had gone wrong wi my pc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are actually doing a very good job of getting taxis to take cycles - can we get some pictures? In London the standard London Black is designed to take 2 bales of hay (a historic requirement for the welfare of the cabbie's horse which has continued long after the horse went out to pasture). This means that you can get 2 bikes and 2 riders into a London Cab if you break down - or it rains or you can't be bothered to ride the bikes.

    You sound like you are almost wetting yourself about that new trike - how many people have you texted?

    ReplyDelete