Monday 15 March 2010

ICDH

I was still buzzin a bit from yesterday, you know, all the blue birds singing and stuff ;) Especially as my new friend, had said he'd hep me out with some techy stuff, I aint techy.

Today's lesson was on recognising the strengths within my community, whether it be paid or voluntary. The best example, of a service I personally struggle with (but love)and deliberately don't choose the easier option. Is my community Tesco bus, I could save time and effort, for the cost of £3.50. If I was to have it delivered, but instead I struggle with heavy bags. Just because I will get a very friendly reception. And because of my approach to 'the simple things' in life, I am permanently happy urmmm most of the time. Despite having a disability that some folk couldn't contemplate living with. I heard it on the news yesterday, that folk are born into a life of happiness or being perpetually miserable and poverty or health or status has little to do with it. It's a gene thing. Maybe so but it's taken me 3 years to realise I am a happy person, and no one can change ME.

Anyway, I'm off on one again!!

Tesco bus v's home delivery. (im not sure if this will work out?)
1)I call it my 'Party bus'
2)It's free
3)Time tables printed and distributed, without any consultation
4) Busses mantained, and drivers paid.
5)No community responsibility, no fear of taking risks.
6)Expertise of the qualified bus driver.
7)If folk don't like it they can vote with their feet, may be legnthy but is often effective.
8)Personally speaking the feeling of control, and choice, about recycling? dry cleaning, prescriptions, cash machines, is immense it makes me very happy.

1) No come back, if the drivers off sick.
2)No control, we are told when to do our shopping.
3)Lack of choice disempowering.
4)Pat the driver lives at the other side of Sheffield, and really has no allegience to Totley.
5)you might get 80 year olds ripping the bus seats, because they would have no ownership of the scheme :)
6)Not a business that can include, local skills.


I realise I've used an example that's not what you asked for Debs. I'll do it again if you want, I just wanted to use something I could relate to:)

Because I am cheefull and like people to feel happy to see me, and glad to help. I get involved in the community spirit, of the tesco bus. I love the independance it allows me, and I will strive to grant empowwerment to any fellow passengers. Whether it be fetching a prescription, or getting photos developed or dry cleaning.

Don't be too harsh on me Debs, I have tried to demonstrate that I understand, honest I have.
:)

Steve (CTC) phoned today, and wants to come a test drive my new Greenspeed. :) I am not finding the gears terribley easy, it always seems too easy and slack? I occaisionallyt get it right but I never no how. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment