Monday 9 August 2010

8 miles!!!

I don't know why I chose today to do it, with bulging poorly tum, socks on that make my feet feel 90'' my entire body feels like it's 90''! And I'm at a kinda loss really about my future, and cycling???? :)

I am happy though having done it because my wee boy was thrilled to bits, because we stopped off at the 'Bike Tree' on the way, and my reception had been much more welcoming. When I payed, the guy asked me if I knew Steve Marsden, and introduced himself as Ash. Who Steve had told me worked there. He said, Wow can I have a look at your recumbent? So he had a shot on Ziggy, and I arranged for Ash, to become Ziggy's trike mechanic. We sped off to the monkey bumps first, but the path was too narrow for Ziggy, and F* didnt fancy going too far into the dark woods om his own. So a plan was hatched - by F* I might add!! 'Lets go to the skate park' which was about a mile further. And I know all you strapping men, are thinkin, its nowt. But that's an extra 2 miles!! We said 'Hello' to my Mum. And then, we made our way to the skate park.

I felt a bit sorry for my wee boy because he was the only young person on the park, who was wearing a helmet. And he did ask me if he had to wear it???? I said 'Do you want to be like me?' That scared him I think, (he'd probably got images of sprouting breasts, and losing his 'todge' :D)

We cycled back calling in at the bike tree again, where I begged for a high calories energy bar. They gave me a kinda fruity thing that I imagine makes 'one' 'poo' a lot. I might let you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment