Wednesday 25 August 2010

It's all my fault :)

I am my own worst enemy! Aren't I? I sulk and moan, and blame folk, when really I only need to reread my diary entries, to know that No cycling leads me into a depressed melancholic Morrisey type of mood. And when I get off my arse a ride to my Mums and back about 6 miles. I feel fab, and re energised.

I did smile, I don't know whether to say this in case I offend,I am talking about ME here, and no one else. I was waiting at a give way sign, I had to give way to traffic on the main road. This big hgv came thundering along, and the workies in it, leaned out and whistled at me!! I felt like saying 'Ey you wouldn't have done that if you'd av known, I was a cripple' :D

Have I lost half my readers now?

I just seem to slowly rotate the pedals in a very methodical way. It isn't very fast, and I do pull in at Dore Station to let the queue of traffic pass and get home.

Thanks Dave for phoning, when my texts are me in a crisis!

I had a chat with an 'important' woman who works for the PCT, I have helped her out a lot in the past. We discussed a lot of the ideas that Dave and Kev and Nigel, have been coming up with, to get me off my arse and 'buddying' folk to cycle. She said they are strictly not allowed to start any new projects, and have got to wind down the ones that are in existence. But she did think Nigel's idea of setting up a charity, and offering a voluntary service, within that had legs/wheels!!!

You can tell I'm buzzin again.

5 comments:

  1. Take a look at some sites I'll post URL's for that support the Limbless, Brain Injured, War wounded, all often having a need to help individuals come to terms with a sudden change to the way they relate to the world and their families.

    Many do not show a great awareness of how cycling can work for their 'client group' (yuk - but its the best that comes to mind).

    Some may well have regional initiatives (there is a centre planned for Doncaster for example)

    STOP - count to 3 (on second thought make that 30) and make contact with some of them locally, and ask if they would like to meet you. Don't be disappointed if you don't get immediate calls to rush in, plant the seed get more people reading this blog (and trying to figure out what the *** it is about). Word of mouth and gentle insidious growth is perhaps the best foundation for a sound operation of any enterprise.

    I'll need to see if we can get that Michael Winner voice for your mobile phone ring tone "Calm down dear, it's only a phone call"

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont put your self down so.6 miles is a lot more than a lot of none cripples(your words not mine)could manage or even be motivated into doing,and when i started riding trike i used to pull in dore for a rest nevermind the traffic,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, I did previously look on the website, and I couldn't see an appropriate place to write owt. So didn't :( In anycase, I think it would sound better coming from a well respected chap like yourself. As apposed to coming from a 'sad' bird, with 'delusions of grandier'.

    If you give me your address, I will send you some of my contact cards, as your contacts appear to be so nationwide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hotmedog,

    I know I let myself get down, but like you say not many folk can be motivated, and if only they knew how much better they would feel. I'm sure they'd do it.

    Secret Squirells, it's a sham, me being considerate to the drivers in the queue. I desperatly need to pull in at Dore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pull, in at Dore? (note the punctuation)

    So there is something going between you and the boys in the bike shed. We should be told, Watch out for the News of the World snapper hiding in the bushes.

    ReplyDelete