Monday 2 August 2010

Posties :)

Aww, it is part of our heritage, isn't it, for Postmen/women to cycle around delivering the Royal Mail? Well at least, in rural spots?? Ignoring the positives, like health, (i bet there aren't as many sickies) and the enviroment, well it's just a nice sight, I wish we could still see little children cycling back with their daily Hovis :) Anyway, if you aint done it already? let Royal Mail know just how much you'll miss the posties on cycles.
www.ctc.org.uk/royalmail

I 'bigged' myself up a bit, and sent Steve Bailey an invite to Thursdays meet. He declined very graciously, but his email was full of nice comments, and it was a long shot, as the meetings only in 3 days.

I spoke with Nigel West, kinda apologising for Steve Ms, absence, He too was really nice, saying it was me and the other folk that he wanted to see. To secure inclusive cyclings future.

Micky the gangster, came round, declining my offer of tea :( But trimin my bush ;)

Julie Andrews popped round, for a chat, declined the wine though. Shame.

Only cycled to the doctors to pick up my script for my attractive support socks, went to theshops and library. I love the freedom cycling gives me, why aren't I thin????

2 comments:

  1. Why aren't you thin - see preceding paragraph....

    Spoke to Gina (Max B's Comms person) good session.

    I ask same question as you though - for 30 years I sat at 95 Kg but have crept up to nearly 110 Kg at times - want to get back to sub-100 (to cause less damage when I land on a car).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to save the goss, until I see you. I think Nigel, has got huge plans involving inclusive cycling, he just wonders if I'm brave enough!! He's a bit disappointed that Steves won't be there.

    I have got incredible stomach muscles....honest. It's just they are surrounded by hard ancient fat, that won't shift.

    I'm not sure I could take on a car though.

    ReplyDelete