Wednesday 11 August 2010

Ahhh I did love my time wi SDS

Contrary to what your trying to work out, SDS isn't some sort of nawty disease!! It stands for Self Directed Support, or Individual Budgeting, which is fab! It's changed my life, whether that be because my budget does allow, for failings, like my computer breaking down, or my cleaner (he's so much more!) been off sick, and my mates stepping in with payment in vouchers. Or ohhh my bushes trimming ;) in exchange for a take away. A really good one happened last Xmas, when my trike was being repaired at Recycle at Meersbrook, and I bought a friend, tea at The Spit got him, Iand not me, a bit tipsy he cycled Ziggy, from Recycle to the pub, and back to my house, made sure everything was secured, and posted the keys through the letter box. All for £12. ........BARGAIN Today my budget was worked out at £16116, Not bad considering I only get £4500.

I didnt get chance to go for a ride, but I am happy, I've met some very funny folk today. So Hi if you were one of them, :) I really enjoyed meeting you.

CAKE :Dxx

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! this could get Mr Osborne awfully excited - so just how does one rack up a budget of 16K with the officially approved purchases, when patently you are delivering a greater level of personal mobility for a quarter of the cost?

    You met some funny folk today? I wonder what they made of you? Still I guess they can now consider themselves FOC's (Friends of Caroline).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave, You'd be well impressed with the folk I've met today. First I had to deliver a speech lasting 10mins and take f* questions! And they were all the management staff of the council, and it was just to give them a tinsy bit of insight into SDS. Awwww I was bought a bunch of flowers, I really laboured how they had saved money, through teaching me to cycle!! and how this had met my developmental, and social needs :)

    Then I was whisked off to sit on a Developmental instigational Board??? Which is basically who rubber stamps things.

    Wow!! It was a bit clever, I think I was there for stating the very obvious in things:D

    I'll be back later.xx

    Oh Steve's been on holiday, and then in York

    ReplyDelete
  3. There - you see now that there is a fresh stage beyond Hillsborough. Take it easy on each aspect though - yes there is a pretty B O direct saving on the vehicles and drivers and conventional thinking for delivering 'mobility' but you have also got a higher level of service (your personal transport on demand whenever you need it) and a feel good feel fit regime even it it seems to take forever to shift that little bit of extra bulk that has collected over the years.

    I'm booked for the kids on 21st but note that you could go through and join Max Burt in Lincoln on 20th pm or 21st am, with an early start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm booked up on both, with long standing thing's. I've got BIRRP on Friday, which I could miss at a push. But it's so near completion, I don't like too. Plus the day after, :( my kids go to Sicilly. And there is no way I can miss that.

    I may come up to Scotland Possibly between the 24th - 30th.

    ReplyDelete