Tuesday 27 April 2010

My Nemesis!!

Ok, so I havent turned right at Beauchief lights yet, but I did sit first in the cycle box, waiting for the lights to change. When they did, I knew I had a few seconds spare, before the stream of cars facing me actually moved........scarey!!! I quickly turned left. And moved like the clappers, with the traffic.

I reckon, it's 3 miles uphill back to where I live, and it was hot. A bus gave me a friendly honk, and it was indeed Pat, I waved as he sailed past. I had exactly an hour to get home, and get the next Pat bus, this meant. I did it in 15mins, which was quicker than last time. And I only stopped for breath the once.

The next time I saw Pat, I was on my way to tesco on his bus, he commented on how 'lovely' I looked, on my trike, (I thought ey for a fat lass) because I was and am still very hot and sweaty.

The school run followed, with more sweat, and more burst blood vessals in my head. How attractive :)

3 comments:

  1. Cue parody of Chris de Bergh "Lady gone red, is sweating near me - with puffy cheeks ....." Working on a few others, and open to suggestions.


    Well done for doing the left turn - we'll want head-cam videos now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Dave, but don't give the day job up , so to speak :)

    It sounds very easy, a left turn. But there are 17 lanes of traffic, controled by a few seconds spare on all of them.

    Hey, how did the mobility scooter issue go? In Sheffield they were talking about there needing a definition between electric wheelchairs and scooters. But I couldnt see anywhere for pedal trikes. Saying that, Sheffield have asked to use my pic of me on Ziggy, to promote active travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They need 2 pictures. One on the trike and another on a mobility scooter, with AA style 'fuel' consumption figures in miles per cal(orie) for the exercise value.

    Or maybe a 2-word Look-Alike like "lard and fast" Here is an example in the vein of Private Eye's Look-Alike photos relating to the sons and daughters of Davros visiting Sheffield Midland Station - to assist with ticket checks! http://railwayeye.blogspot.com/2010/04/lookalike-sheffield-dalek.html

    ReplyDelete