Thursday 22 April 2010

sunshine and joy

What a lovely day it was to be cycling, in Hillsborough Park, It wasn't too warm or cold, it was perfect. Fred and Nick were as gorgeous as always, and I met John, who apparently was the guy to see about Ziggy, been in ship shape condition. But all 3 trainers agreed to check her over whenever they see her. Everyone appeared to be very competent, and we played games on the bikes that reflected this. (I made a mental note, for when I do my Wheels for All course in 2 weeks.

I am very happy, apart from my f* washing machine. Julie Andrews took me 2 bags of washing back to hers, I am so grateful. Thanks Miss Andrews, xxx

I must go and have my leg dressed tomorrow at 8.50 am, speed home as I have a taxi picking me up at 930. Then a meet at Zest, with Miriam at 1015, after which Im going to my regular meeting at BIRRP Brain Injury Rehab Research Partnership. I don't want to give up any of it, but it doesn't leave much margin.

I've got bugger all to wear.

3 comments:

  1. Emperor's New Clothes! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit off topic but coming up next Tuesday 27 Apr 2010 12:00–12:57 BBC Radio 4

    Julian Worricker discusses disability and other hot topics with the main political parties

    You can e-mail in questions and comments - so I've had a shot at asking why the D o H and D f T both seem unable to get their heads around the concept that cycles can be used as mobility aids. Peter White might also be able to put a more accurate figure on the number of 'blind' people who can ride a bike (I think its around 80% of 'blind' people have some form of sight which can give them the ability to walk or cycle without assistance or a cane)

    Sorry such a sad case of being addicted to Radio 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I'd have thought that since you claim not to sweat much you might get away with wearing the same outfit as you wore today!

    Time for me bath I think...

    ReplyDelete