Friday 2 April 2010

uncomplex but missing something?(aka simple but not all there)

Did you think I meant me?......No, just my life.

Before my wee boy went to bed last night he tried his new bmx, that he'd got and unfortunately, the handle bars were too far forward. He was upset because not only had he not got a new one he was comfy with but, he'd let his other one go. In steps Steve, who tried to issue instructions over the phone, about which bolt to losen etc.....doa!!...........He ended up bringing his entire family to rescue my dilemma. I felt really bad stopping in all day, but my kids like chilling on a Saturday, and F just wanted to ride, and ride his new bike, on my park oops I mean the park that the garden backs off on to.

I had to, you must understand that ;) take my lil boy back to the pub, to be with his mates. I'm glad about because atleast it got me off my arse, and made me cycle to the pub and back. Oh and to all you folk who have been lucky to get through life, without a brain injury :) I'm really gonna piss you off now, and say, I feel quite strongly that children should wear helmets, until they are old enough, to make that choice, for themselves. So I had floods of tears, from my wee boy, because I made him wear his helmet, to go to the pub. He hasnt done any cycle proficiancy stuff, so when he's with me I let him go a bit on the road and a bit on the pavement. To cut a long story short, he wrapped his head around a lampost!! Got up dusted himself down, and got on his bike. He did say, good job, i wore my helmet Mum!!

I've been in touch with my 2 most recent fb today, well actually they found me, but just to see if I was ok, which is nice because they care, but not that much you must understand.

And thanks for the comments about beauchief lights, it's nice to know I'm heard. :)

Luv ya all. xx and the wines flowing freely

Sorry to piss all you CTC folk off, about the helmets thing, I just have different views, about children, in my very individual but battered brain.....do you all hate me now? :Dxx

4 comments:

  1. A time & place for everything If riding in an environment (on the footway especially where you are about 8 times more likely to crash than riding on the road - and the area is filled with edges of walls, square edged kerbs, gateposts, lampposts and signposts) then it makes sense to prepare to head butt one or more of these features.

    Everyday riding on the road should not require dressing up like a spaceman. If we were really serious abou head injuries then it would be compulsory to wear a helmet when in a car as the rate of head injuries to those inside cars in car crashes (as you are unfortunately a typical case) is greater than for those riding bikes, and as for tripping up or slipping..... maybe you should wear a helmet when walking down the street!

    The detail is sensible choice Kids riding BMX are going to bounce their heads off things. You don't normally ride a bike on the road that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right Dave about crash helmets in cars, I think tax idrivers think I'm some kind of nutter (punn intended)Because when I go to Cycle For Health I always wear my helmet whist in the car, well I may as well? I've got it anyway.

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you now know the riposte, I've banged my head badly in a car before, so you'll understand I'm resolved to take no more chances when I go in any car in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - might be interesting to see how Pat the Bus would accept passengers wearing crash hats!

    ReplyDelete