Wednesday 27 April 2011

nearly did it!!

You know how I've set a target of being able to cycle to Esporta, do a couple of lengths and home, calling off at my Mums on the way back.

At 9.30am, I cycled to Millhouses Park, to meet Dave, Steve, and Cycle Chic, but due to poorly children. She couldn't make it this time. But anyway it was really cool this morning, as in cold, (hey my daughter gets embarrassed if I say cool!!) apparently, it's just not cool. So I dressed appropriately, little did I know, that the sun would be splitting the sky, on the way back!!!

On the way to Esporta (which incidentally has just been taken over by Virgin) I had to call at the bank, now this was the furthest I'd gone in Sheffield, and because I'd had a long break, it was very easy. But looking at the time, I was cutting it fine, to do 2 lengths, join, cycle back through the Park, call at my Mums, and get back for the kids. So I was happy with not doing Esporta TODAY and besides I hope the Membership Costs come down in price??

I was right chuffed, I bumped into one of the School Mums, at the bank, Wow she said 'I didn't realise you rode this far!!!!' :) Yeah everyday!! I replied. No I didn't really.

It was sooo hot riding back, unfortunately I'd chosen a polo necked grey cotton jumper, you know the type that show WET.....and no, it wasn't very attractive!!!

Spoke with Nigel West, when I got home, and I am so grateful for his continued support.

Hey I had an idea, for funding??

It doesn't matter, because I'll wait and see if we can do it first before I tell the world.

3 comments:

  1. Just a short bit from Esporta to Tesco's you know - and you can always hook up with Pat's bus to get a ride back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooh you're joking though about Pats bus, I've already asked. He said absolutely no way, he's not insured elledgidley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TM Travel is Transdev - know the guy who used to be UK MD and French are a bit more forward thinking on this sort of thing. But it might take a bit longer than getting you to ride to Esporta. elledgidley??

    ReplyDelete