Monday 18 April 2011

Oooooops not DH, ,

I bet you all put 2 and 2 and got 5, my Glaswegian friend last night? wasn't Dave, nor my ex husband, but a guy I've known for 4years now, whose only initial attribute was that he supported Glasgow Rangers, and my ex was a Celtic fan. How immature and bitter I was a long time ago!! Dave started the ball rolling this morning, by copying me into a mail about the RNIB protesting, to cycling being allowed in pedestrian areas in Woking. I sat on it for a while and thought, I've got to say s'thing as it is because I have a visual impairment that cycling is the only safe way for me to get anywhere independently. I mean, folk have to be trusted to cycle sensibly in areas. Not banned, Pedestrians aren't banned because they are capable of running into a blind person. Anyway myself, and Rob Hague from West Country Recumbent, who also finds cycling the safest way to get about, because of his vision, wrote and told them so we did!!! What did you think of her reply guys? I think they backed down, a bit don't you? Progress!! My bed settee arrived today, what a faff, Dave Strawford, stepped in at short notice to help out, the delivery guys weren't terribly switched on!! I am very sleepy, night xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    I found your blog searching for info about cycling in Sheffield. I had a subarachnoid hemorrhage 2 months ago and have brittle bones disease. I want to try cycling once I get the OK from my consultant but haven't done it since I was a bairn so no idea where to start. Any ideas?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona, I am so glad you contacted me, because I could really help you discover which type of cycle would be best, if not a 2 wheeler. And even if it's a 2 wheeler, you might feel safer, if you met me, in Hillsborough or Endcliffe Park, for an easy ride rather than joining one of the regular cycling groups.

    My Hero of the last 2 years is a guy called Steve Marsden CTC, who's on holiday at the moment.

    I'm not an expert on your type of brain damage, so I can only comment on the amount of benefit, cycling has been for my Traumatic Brain Injury.

    I think a fantastic start would be if you telephoned me on 07909972140. Or if you got the all clear from your Doc b4 Thursday, you could come to Hillsborough Park to meet me and the other Qualified Cycle Trainers.

    I'm really happy you got in touch,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great :)
    I won't be seeing my brain surgeon until next month and I am waiting to have an operation on my foot too so I know I need to wait a few more months before I get cracking but I will get in touch when I get the all clear and work something out if that is OK?
    In the meantime I'll keep following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete