Thursday 18 November 2010

'Dolly Mixtures'


Awww, I may have several chins, but I think the little boy who thought I was Susan Boyle, was so mistaken. Anyway I had to ask JR for his pic :)


Dolly Mixtures, for obvious reasons as you'll gather, I'm all of a mixture tonight.


I don't know the name of this celebrity, but everyone else seemed too.


Firstly, Paul from Recycle phoned to ask if I was picking Ziggy up. But then he went on to tell me that they were having problems with the Slufphf mountain drive. But thank goodness Carols phoned him, and he's a bit happier but it's just a case of me trying her really. I think a plan was hatched for Rob and Carol, to come to Sheffield, and show them at Recycle what to do. How amazing for folk to do that!!! I'll be on tea making duty.


Next I travelled by cab, to Hillsborough, and the room was full of CTC staff, I recognised Steve Bailey (does anyone else remember Jubilees?) Hey I didn't say it wasn't a totally random post.


I kinda got the impression that Fred, Ren, and Myself, were stifling the flow of the training, so encouraged the other 2 to move upstairs. That was where I had my first game of 'Chair Bowls' and thrashed the other 2 a number of times.


Haley phoned from Autism Plus, to say they were here at least I hadn't offended anyone yesterday by calling them Guinea Pigs (oops)


We had a really good session, lots of frivolity and I let Ian have a go on Ziggy, forgetting that earlier in the year he had tried to ride into a tree!! But he was fine :)


Awww it will be everones final week next week, so we're going to the pub for lunch, after cycling.


Then I volunteered to go swimming with them to Upperthorpe....Wow I stun myself sometimes!! But Cycling will have finished :(


Oooooooooooh then I rushed home because I'd got a date with a workie, who was bringing me a high viz jacket. Mmmmmmmmmm, on Sunday he's bringing me a fleecy hi viz. I'm so easily bought!!! ;)





2 comments:

  1. You really should see if there is an indoor venue - can be used for your group, BMX, and loads of other outdoor activities. There is one in Dumbarton up here and kids travel for miles (on the trains) to use it. Could use a vacant warehouse or old steelworks shed, see if you can get it at cheap rate or donated.

    Might be a level of a multi-storey car park that you can take over, as it could be one that won't be busy during the day on Thursdays.

    How about checking out the Vodaphone challenge that pays for a working person to spend 2 months as 'volunteer' for NGO to benefit both whilst not losing the pay from their normal job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would then have the problem of getting all the largw trikes to the car park.

    ReplyDelete