Monday 15 November 2010

My life is too complicated

I have reorganised things, I don't know how many times today. I hate to bore you with my itinerary of the day, but I'm going to.. so tough. Tomorrow my last chance this year to get my very important Flu jab, which due to my auto immune, or lack of it. Is so necessary, because the implications of me getting flu, like raging temp, siezures, and it's just too horrid. At 10.30 I'm taking Ziggy to recycle at last, and I've forwarded Dave's assessment to Paul, who's a top guy. And really looks forward to seeing Ziggy. At 10.45ish I'm having a meeting with Steve M, I don't actually know if there's much point other than keeping him informed of what's going on, regarding Steve Bailey, Dave, Kev, and myself. It's all kinda snow balling but that's what I like to see really. Then I've got to fly back maybe, to look after my wee boy whose just started with the 'Squity' tummy, 'mmmmm' nice. (supposedly for 11.30) But, if Steve M, has the van or if he's prepared to cycle Ziggy to Recycle and work (same place) and meet with me here,than that would be so cool, and take off a lot of pressure. But hey I know that's a lot of 'ifs'. Jock's Dad will just have to help out, very kindly.

I'm such a boring fart, whose a bit obsessed with imposing cycling on others, that when this Gorgeous 28 year old Doctor with the 'mmmm' Oh so nice bedside manner, text me lot's and asked if he could visit me later ;0) I said 'No the house is too untidy, and you need to come on a Sunday, I cant be spontaneous, I've got children. What a mature thing to say!!! I shock myself sometimes.

Today, I had to get a taxi to my Mums, and back costing my Individual Budget £10. I rushed back, as this guy was coming to take my wee boys Xbox, and repair it. The guy came and collected it, and left with a Cauliflower Ear after an hour, and 2 cups of tea later:D He did promise me, he would by a bike. :)

I cycled to school on Ziggy, with a greatly improved seat - of the trike ;) And do you know the pedals only span once :) so well done Dave, and thanks. But I may as well take her tomorrow, after all the rearranging that folk have done, and it's still a bit dangerous for me to ride as I'm more likely to need the mountain drive which is the spinning gear.

4 comments:

  1. From what Dave issaying It doesn't seem to be the MD, but possibly the rear hub gear you use with when you're using the MD... Dave said it was the gear cable - there isn't one for the MD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gear cable does definately need replacing, I don't know the mechanics, I just say what happens, it only spins when it's in the lowest gears, which is the mountain drive gears.???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please Caroline not just 'tough' use faex dura it really sounds classy and is the complete opposite of pappe cack (dura=hard pappe=soft) (Pappe cack is the root of poppycock and would be apposite term for the responses to your complaint)

    It is your cable your inner is not slipping smoothly through your outer because it's got bits sticking out. For safe and secure pedalling work out a gear you can sit in comfortably at the back, and that is stable ( and flip the Schlumpf to get high and low options.

    Hopefully a new inner will sort this out in one simple operation. Get your spoke tensions and alignments fettled and that should have you sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You posted concurrently - it will be the lowest gears as these are the ones where the sticky-out wires will cause the biggest problems in not letting the cable slide to the correct index point. Pick a slightly high gear and don't go down to the low ones and use the mountain drive if you want something lower.

    ReplyDelete