Saturday 27 November 2010

I hate Snow!!

I ventured out today on Ziggy, it wasn't as daunting as last year, when I had to reverse past a sprocket with no guard, my legs touching the very teeth that dug into my flesh. So I might not be quite as housebound, should we have a repeat of last winters big freeze. I only ventured out to fetch my wee boy, back from sledging, as he'd got a party to attend. Ahhhh, I just hunted out a pic of my leg, that could have quite easily been mistaken for another part of my anatomy ;)Luckily I hadn't got far in the snow, when my boy came home, but turning round and trying to get up the gradual incline prooved tricky.

Steve and Andy are coming with their huge choppers tomorrow.

I'm ok for Monday Dave, to come with you,to see the Station Manager, we could get the 11.53am in, but I will need to get the 1414 back to Dore. As long as the weather looks ok, because I don't wanna be stranded in town, should the kids get sent home, and Happy Birthday for tomorrow. x

5 comments:

  1. I did 45 miles, half on snow today. The trick is to use the 'easy' gears, even the MD if you have to, possibly 1 'easier' than you'd normally use, and pedal as smoothly as you can. If you are too rough you'll loose traction and just spin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, she works really well going down hill in the snow :D. It was a bit like sledging though, all the fun downhill, and then the struggle back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just itching for the day when Nokia or Schwalbe bring out their studded tyres in 37-349 size. Then I will be really liberated in this weather.

    At least with cycles you can pick them up and put them back on the road when you do ride into the ditch - beats cars any day!

    That said I'm in a hired car today thanks to my kids going bolshy about having my sister coming along to a birthday meal and we were going to go in her car. Another sad saga in the story of my domestic debacle. Oh and as expected, no birthday cards or greetings from the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Ex stuns me, that she doesn't encourage or enable them to have some courtessy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS putting out a punt for studded tyres in -349 size (fits my bike and your trike) with studded tyres you go even when cars don't!

    Will say more about saga in due course - still miffed that a referral to SWD was dropped and not even recorded because kids moved away. SWD has not responded to my enquiry about why they messed up - sent to them in April - 7 months ago.

    ReplyDelete