Tuesday 9 November 2010

I'm too tired very random!!

*We had an appointment at the Hairdressers, at 1pm and at 1.30 my hair looked amazing, it didn't last long though. But Miriams, looked beautiful of course, and seemed to stay put. I had a manicure by a beautiful lovely woman called Sarah, who actually heard my life story, (she did ask!!) And she paid £15 for my manicure and pedicure. Bless her she even struggled wi my support socks (taking them off-me). She said it was because I'd shared my life, wi her. Awwww thank you Sarah, you made me cry.
You can actually catch the Glam me being interviewed, if you type Calendar Pride Of Britain on tonight's Calendar program. Although don't expect me to be profound, it was at the end of the evening!!

* There was about 30 candle lit tables of 10 people last night, with Silver candelabras. Each one had several buckets of ice with either bottles of red/white wine or champagne. Strictly NO soft drinks.

(I had to ask the receptionist if the man suspended from the ceiling behind was real, I thought he was David Blane?)

*I reckon every 3rd person was famous, But it wasn't appropriate to act all starry eyed all the time, so I didn't get many autographs. My feet were agony, I was crying nearly. Apart fom the 2 tables that were totally surrounded by body guards, that included Prince Charles, Lady Camilla, Nick Clegg, all the X Factor team, . Normal celebrities that I found myself tripping over were Johnathan Ross, Russel Brand, Micheal Mc intire, Barbera Windsor, Phil Mitchell, Gary Linekar, One Direction, and so many more. But to be honest I know I sound like my Grandma used too, but my shoes were agony, I so wish I'd taken my trainers!!! or maybe taken Daves advice and worn some dockers, I always used to wear my Purple Dockers, with every outfit I owned.

We stayed at the after party, party. And I felt a bit of a party pooper, because it was me that said enough is enough I wanna go to sleep, at 12.

I woke at 8.30am, and spent the next 2 hrs being violently sick whilst very much needing to sit on the toilet. Unfortunately the hand sink was a very ornate glass one, it wasn't pretty though by the time I'd finished. I slept and shivered for a while.

I've tried to rearrange my 'Innovation Fund' meeting, because I can't mend my tyre although I reckon it's my track pumps valve??? And I can't find my hand pump, although I would find it difficult wi that.

Howard the Bike Dr, who fixed Gretal, and my kids bikes at school once. Is coming to see what he can do regarding everything, at 8.30 on Thursday Morning. So will you be around Rob to answer questions?

5 comments:

  1. Yep I reckon that had you worn the DM's everyone would have complimented you on your commonsense in choosing comfort over couture.

    From what I can see the (NQS)LBD looks just right (mistyped that as just tight!) You'll need to wear it on nights out and give us a twirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The push fit brass connectors used by bike shops are a lot easier to use than the ones with the lever, it is difficult fitting the lever lock type of connector on to the valve on a -349 wheel as the spokes get too close together too fast, and you might want to seek out the old-style and much better made valves on the inner tubes - these have threads all the eay to the bottom and a lock-nut so that the valev stem does not simply disappear inside the rim when you push the connector on to it (you need 3 hands to push the connector on sometimes which gets a bit difficult when you only have 2)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Schwalbe tubes we stock are the metal valve stem with iddy screw on collar to stop them disappearing. Just don't screw it on too tight as it can be a pig to undo with cold, wet hands....
    I find that Joe Blow (steady!) pump heads work fine with our trike 349mm wheels. I have seen folder & BMX wheels with higher spoke count where it is more of a challenge....
    You've got my mobile number if you need it. You might want that link on how to adjust the Alfine hub to hand in case he hasn't seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, is this you coming up on ITV at 8pm tonight...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, a 99 year old guy won the feel good factor, which was the prize I was up for. He deserved it, he was very old, and very old :D

    ReplyDelete