Monday 1 November 2010

Thanks

I'm such a mass of butterflies at the moment, excitement, fear? Focused (boringly so ) I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat all the time, and the stranger in the street doesn't know why, and I just want to shake them and tell them. But supposing I get so excited, I have a 'fit' on the red carpet??? I only ever used to suffer from epilepsy when I had a period, and guess what? I'm visiting the Drs, to see if I can take something. Am I witling unnecessarily?? Supposing Miriam can't come wi me??

It's such a massive event as well?? I am tearful sometimes, when I think of the 4 years prior to me discovering cycling. And the driving force within me that helped me, and the massive comparison, between now and then. Folk say I should be very proud, but who of???? I just do what I enjoy, I'm no hero for that, it's normal....selfish even? I do hope so much, that if you're one of the folk, who deserves to feel sooo proud, because of helping me that YOU do.

I do wish so much that my Mum and Dad, could appreciate it.

Urrrrgh, the puddle underneath my sink was getting worst, you know perhaps if I was a little more observant, it would have dawned on me that it only happens when the washing machines on...durrrrr. The guy promised to come for 9.00 but he didn't actually get here at 1pm. But that was too late for me to visit my Mum. So I aint seen my Ma for nealy a week :(

Oooooooooooooooh this guy contacted me with a link to a very similar thing to Hillsborough, that takes place in London. Pedal power http://www.hackney-cyclists.org.uk/pedalpower.htm and kinda put them in touch with me and vise verse, thanks for that!!! Because after watching the fab video, and speaking to Steve M, and proposing the idea to Autism Plus. I think we're gonna make a video for this blog.

Another nice surprise was that Barry from Sheffield CTC is gonna make me guest of honour, at the Xmas do, this year. And when he called to tell me, he also took my mounted Story and was gonna get it covered for me as a gift. Ahhh aren't folk so lovely.

I then cycled to school, which did seem strange and hard, it's only cos I'm heavy :( I told Steve of my new objective which was to cycle to Esporta have a swim and cycle home. His reaction, was Oh ok. Not.... bloody hell that's good.

Dave darling, I think you need to alert Patrick the higher Ar key of the CTC that you had a hand in me reaching the finals of the Pride of Britain, because I don't think they appreciate that.

Mums and Dads from school, who had seen Calendar by chance on Friday, hooted and howled at me well quietly.

5 comments:

  1. Its alright Caroline - speaking as an orphan of some 15 years I still miss not being able to tell my dad (or mum - she died 32 years ago) abiout the kids, and all the things I'd love to be able to tell them about - so I'll just have to bore you instead.

    I also miss that ear to bend about what is right or wrong with the world, and how I should tackle it. Maybe that make me a good ear for others to bend?

    Do post us a pic of your glam look - remember that it is actually chic to wear lace-up calf-length DM's with a posh frock. But why not cast the net wide for advice on accessories! need a fur stole - I'm sure someone would oblige....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, you have LOADS of reasons to be proud of yourself! So go on and BE proud - you've earned it!
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline - re your extended post (since I last looked), just let it be - and the great being of which we are all mollycules so to speak will square up the account - I'll just settle with being eminence grise, and get along with life - as they say faex est (I think that's grammatically correct) and faex dura to anyone who wants to pick me up on my cod latin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dave and William, I'm not so much proud of my cycling achievements, because lets face it. They aint ever gonna be fantastic! But I am proud of how I chose cycling to be the tool that turned my life around, and I am quite proud of the fact that I do seem to have a positive effect on folk. By being the real me, I don't have to paint a smile constantly.

    I had thought I'd avoided wearing any kind of faux fur because, we were staying in the same Hotel, but alas, we're staying in the Crutherland? and need to taxi it to the Grosvener.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline you're a star. Good luck in London (though it's Sheffield that really matters as you well know). Gareth

    ReplyDelete