Tuesday 30 November 2010

A Spluttering!!!

I did manage to splutter a few words this am, on Rony Robinsons show, over the telephone. I sounded a bit naff, and not very intelligent. But it was a spur of the moment thing.

I know I forgot loads of people, I'm sorry if you were one.

I have invited myself and Steve to a review of what services are important to the council, and folk like myself want to keep, and they provide good value for money.

I thought, I'd try the train to The Circle with my trike on Thursday, armed with my Gps letter. And trains from Dore looked good, I was a bit dubious about the climb, to the Circle. I thought I'd be polite and check first, and no it wouldn't be advisable for me to take my trike, because there wasn't parking for it. And it was a 'fire hazard'. Now this is from a council funded building!!! to attend a disability avent. And before anyone wants me to go to battle, I'm not.

5 comments:

  1. A 'fire hazard' because pedal cycles often burst into flames?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No its a fire hazard is an admission of a failure of the management of the building to provide proper parking for the cycles that some people use as mobility aids. Safety hazards are so often the result of such failings in design and operation, and 'problems' with people parking bikes and cars which require a ban show up the failure to recognise a demand for a service and provide for what people want, or something that will give them the required result in a better way.

    Of course the cars that are often blocking the footways around such buildings are not a safety hazard (just ask any partially sighted folk - I'm sure they'll agree)

    Fumbled my phone this evening (picture and record) truck stops at red light and I move way as my lights change noting the car which is accelerating past the stopped truck in the adjacent lane force car to change lanes and driver hoots and stops, so I pull in in front. Driver (female) hysterical "I could have killed you" "Yes madam I had noticed this" "The lights were yellow when I went through" "Oh then how come the truck you drove past had stopped, and I saw your lights were red as mine changed? -Oh and I think you ought to know that Yellow means Stop"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presumably had you been going in a motability car they would be falling over themselves to ensure no one parked in the disabled (persons) parking bay, and you could stamp your feet an pout if you didn't get it.

    Why doesn't Steve bring his van and you can lock Ziggy to the rear bumper in a disabled parking space?

    Or are the disabled persons priority parking spaces provided with signs on poles or objects that you can lock Ziggy on to? make sure you can grab a traffic cone or two to stake out the space so that no numpty tries to fit a car in the same space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find pavement parking to be a real pain - I've lost count of the number of black wing mirrors I've smacked/have smacked me because I've just not seen them...
    I tend not to go down into the village from here unless I really have to because I know this will be a problem.

    ReplyDelete