Thursday 11 November 2010

Yipee I love Howard :0)

At 8.30 am, Howard arrived (my kids school bike Dr) having answered one of my more direct pleas for help to Barry (Sheff CTC)....long story.

On inspection, we weren't (hark at me the expert :D) to sure that the spokes weren't too long and were sticking into the inner tube. I understand that I can get some lining tape?? But the tube was definately the right size, but tube and tyre seemed really tight. Anyway I asked Howard, if he'd accept a cheque, to which he replied 'Absolutely No Way' He'd do it for nowt. Later in conversation, he said how much he loved champagne. As it happened I'd got a bottle of that!! So that was his gift for helping me out. He checked out my track pump whilst here, and declared it broken!!! But did say I could call him whenever I needed a tyre replacing :)

I turned up at Hillsborough, in the pouring rain. Nick the Park Ranger informed me that no one was coming until 2pm (I usually come home at 2) Apparently Autism Plus, didn't want to come in the rain. It's a good job Nigel was paying expenses!! He suggested that I speak to Fred before I set off, because he is in the know? But contrary to being pissed off, I was cool I had the whole day, with a working trike!!! Even though it was pouring it down, and a bit windy, and cold. I was very happy.

I went to see my Mum, who I'd been neglecting, because I'd got my head in the clouds last week. Once there all the staff were so delighted for me, ahhhh it was really nice. I mean you lot think you've witnessed my 'ups and downs' well Karen the Manager? I've known her really well for 26 years, I worked with her, she even went to the same school, and knew of me!!! She came to my ill fated wedding, moped my tears when he left. bathed my gashed leg, when the stitches were taken out too early. But then she witnesses every little peak, because I'm always buzzing when I've cycled to see Mum. Spoke to Steve M to say lets meet in Millhouses Park on Monday, to discuss the innovation fund. He was supposed to be trimming mine and Julies bushes this weekend, ooooh and we did get excited, but due to the adverse weather he aint.

I stayed at Mums for ages, and she seemed tired, so I just held her hand :( But I left her my Pride Of Yorkshire trophy.

I plodded - cycled, on in the rain, but was very happy to do so :)

Hey Yesterdays email from EM trains??? No I don't have the tickets, I destroyed them before I'd even eaten my fish supper, I was so upset. And I'm done with it now, I sounded off, a bit. Let him know that as a disabled person I didn't feel like a valued customer, of theirs. So I'm done with it but if anyone else wants to use me as an example for ammunition, please say.

I'm happy, but I've got a meeting with my SW and my welfare worker tomorrow, eeeeek wrists slapped I think.

6 comments:

  1. No rim tape covering the end of the spoke ends? There should be - I'll organise some and mail it to you.
    How did he get on adjusting the hub gear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he didn't seem to know too much about the set up. So I'm just going to take it to recycle, infact I will phone tomorrow.

    Thanks for the rim tape, do I owe you owt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm they normally have rim tape fitted Did it get ripped off when last puncture was fixed? Get a bit classy (cyclesnob) and use Velox (cloth) tape - some of the cheaper plastic stuff is so easy to damage and can slide around if it stretches.

    You can usually work out the cause of the puncture from where the hole is in the tube. Is your hub a 7-speed? - I used to use on on the Brompton.

    You should still have the transaction details on your plastic statement - and what about the booking details you gave me for the assistance?

    OK so he might not be able to give you a voucher for compensation - because he needs a ticket number but he can give you an apology and an explanation - and if the goodwill was genuine the absence of a ticket should not stop them offering you some compenasatory travel. If you bought on a credit card there may be some help from them. Send them a response and ask - if that don't work send to PF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup Dave, velox cloth tape incoming... will post onwards when it gets here.
    No charge - I'm surprised it wasn't already fitted. Ziggy arrived here with tyres already fitted and inflated so I didn't see the rims bare.
    Caroline - the rim tape sticks on the rims to cover the spoke ends. Probably best fitted next time you have a tube change or have a helpful volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @DH - was that 7 speed a Nexus and was it worth fitting on the Brommy? I've been toying with fitting a nexus 8 to my B.

    Sorry for hijacking your blog Caroline (says he insincerely) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those who want to know Billys blog, is far more beautiful and scenic than mine, which is just a bit 'Edgy' I've been told. I cant copy and paste it because I'm crap, but it's called 'Weally Wolvo'

    ReplyDelete