Saturday 20 November 2010

lights

I think I really must get some lights, some proper ones not some of those velcros wrap around things, that are brilliant, just not powerful enough. And I must pick up one of those, £1 battery powered switch lights for my shed, it took ages tonight, unlocking stuff. Anyway, I nipped to the Mohul, for the nicest food in the world. (my daughters into Chillies!!!) and she's only 12. I met Paul there from Northern Rail.

Ziggy was super, I haven't really used the mountain drive tonight, and I forgot to give the kick plate a firm tap. I will do tomorrow, when I cycle to see Mum.

I don't think I'm seeing 'Wagner' tomorrow, He aint text me, or me him. I don't mind but why isn't he smitten ?

5 comments:

  1. The new LED ones are really good.

    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/smart-polaris-4-lux-light-set/

    your bike shop will have similar.
    Make sure they take an even number of AA or AAA batteries and get some rechargeable batteries and a charger as well.

    Best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some neat wee ones that are really discrete and rechargeable from your computer USB port! Bit pricey though.

    Recharge batteries in conventional lights can be a problem as short circuit currents are huge - they can catch fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Cateye rear light that has a double row of led's. Bright and flickery.
    I've been advised on YACF that a good front blinky is the Smart Polaris 5. It's about £16.50 at Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lights - hmm, depends on your budget. I thought I'd been looking at expensive lights until I looked at Lupine lights. Yeah, LED is the way to go, but the budget can be from £10 to £1000...
    What is the street lighting like where you are riding in the dark?

    Oh, how did the Alpkit head torch we left you with work out? I didn't get around to getting one of those for myself yet.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  5. It provided endless frivolity, about Gynacologists'etc. Not sure if a little childs lost it or a big child. But I may get one now youve reminded me.

    ReplyDelete