Sunday 21 November 2010

Thank you 'Wait 4 Pete'

I loved it today, Ziggy was fast and reliable, too reliable for anyone to try and correct, because you'd never get an example of what she's doing wrong, if you follow?? Her pedals did spin the once, but I can't say what I was doing, but I can't have been in MD because I only need that for about 2 yards and it wasn't then. I did get stuck on a wide grass verge, whilst taking a short cut from the designated cycle path (because there is no dropped curb at the end of it) soz to bore. Memories of being wheelchair bound came rushing back as I had to turn the wheels with my hands, as I got wetter and muddier. I bet I looked funny though.

Mum was fab, the staff were fab, they're all baggying goes on my new trike, if it goes ahead :)

'Wagners' not been Oh well no great love lost there then!!

Hey I've got a meeting in Millhouses Park Cafe tomorrow, with a guy, from Leeds, he's incharge of the Health Consortium (Health Champs) and sought me out for some advice.. :)

3 comments:

  1. Make the Cafe genuinely cycle friendly, so a place for your cycle at the table and a squirt of oil or air as required to look after your companion, by way of refreshments. A bit like dog friendly cafe's where all can be under cover if the weather gets interesting.

    3 Freestyle BMX on the train yesterday and travelling Glasgow to Montrose 'cos the track there is brilliant. Tales of 10+ freestylers on some coaches and trains travelling to ride good tracks. Wonder if we have similar in SHF area?

    Remember love is more than a flashy jacket but lust might just be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it boosted my confidence anyway, I can't be too 'fat' and ugly, even if he was after one thing, I think. I probably bored the pants off him 'literally'. Talking about my trike and the innovation fund, and SDS and bollox like that:D

    Do they charge for the use of the BMX park?? Couldn't there be a business there, perhaps repairing and selling gear etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chreges are sometimes made for using facilities, that's all down to the business plan. Now since nights are drawing in its time to stopp watching tha TV and do a bit of research.

    Is there a multi-storey car park that is not rammed full every day all day? or maybe an old warehouse sitting unused? I must admit that aside from the headroom for BMX freestyle the idea of a top or bottom level in a multi-storey might be a handy place to hold winter sessions for inclusive cycling.

    Check out the local Multi-storey sites, check-out who runs them AND who owns them (Not always the same) We can consider a try-out session without committing to a full season. With a bit of imagination the area can have music and kinetic lighting effects to provide atmosphere.

    PS I think I can empathise with the glazed over look syndrome - guess I need someone who is either diplomatically deaf or a raging enthusiast for the same fixes of fun to really get the best out of life. Lets start a list....

    ReplyDelete