Tuesday 2 November 2010

Responsibilities

Who am I trying to kid? When I pretend to be carefree, When I go and spend the entire grocery money on an outfit for Pride Of Britain (POB)

I had to phone the bank today, and transfer some money, the smug cashier said, ahhhhh it appears you spent over a hundred pounds at the weekend at Evans and Next, and now you haven't got enough Tesco money??? Well I burst out crying, I was truly sobbing, it was awful.

Tomorrow, I'm going to an obesity surgery group!!! I know, it sounds dramatic!! I just feel that it is almost inevitable, that I will be offered it at some point in my life. And also as a health champ I 'm interested. And I think it would be a really good group to try and get at Hillsborough Cycling. I have to be really honest and say my gut (bum bum) reaction on the thought is....I do love my food, and I'd miss it. Also if it's as life threatening as I've heard? Vanity isn't worth it, but if it got to a point where my health was seriously threatened, I'd consider maybe. Another reason for my attending tomorrow, is to maybe gain some recruits for Thursdays????I spoke to Steve about it, and he thought fab, but told me, Hillsborough was closing for winter at the end of November :( And said of a relaunch in spring, so I immediately got onto the Producer of Calendar News, and asked if they'd help publisize?? And yes He thought they would, because they had enjoyed visiting before.

So I'm in a right maudling mood :( I don't know why.. Talk to me, you know. you always make me smile. :)xx

10 comments:

  1. Well I missed the call to the kids last night and they go out on Tuesdays, and I missed the window tonight. So we all get it a bit wrong from time to time. Might call but quite busy tonight and early start tomorrow.

    Have you thought about looking for an indoor arena or a mothballed (disused) factory/shed that could be used for indoors activities. With all those old steelworks and warehouses and maybe even old supermarkets there must be somewhere with a decent clear span roof and flat floor without big holes or bits sticking up. The teenage BMX group in Inverness negotiated the use of a redundant B&Q store and an indoor BMX track, and the options might range from a completely unused covered space to a Thursday day-time slot in an arena - maybe a bus garage where the buses are out all day and the space is empty? The top or bottom level of a multi storey car park? Is Meadowhell less busy on Thursdays - would they have such a space?

    Put your thinking cap on dear thing and get that brain warmed up and working. Why not run it past Pat on the Tesco bus?

    Bike fun doesn't have to stop for the winter - especially if you can ge a decent indoor venue (I wonder if there's any TV studios in SHF?)

    At least I had enough in my piggy bank today to pay for the buildings insurance, the Council Tax and the Credit Card Bill - phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to little miss now - oh, I got on to the producer...! Go for it!!! Little Miss Contacts now - you know everybody!!!
    Just wait for it - you'll be name dropping the national tv guys next!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool plan for an indoor venue. A couple of weeks ago there was a piece about the north east where the council had lent a shop to a theatre group and they were training putting on short performances in the window... They were saying it was great to get rid of performance nerves.
    Hey, you could ask your producer mate if he could ask on the news for loan of a venue, now you're famous and in the headlines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making me chuckle. 2 folk tonight have said it's the booze that's making me fat. So I'll have to switch to Vodka and decaff coke.. But I aint got a penny at the mo. Anyway it will be champagne for me, on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well first of all you could have told the mean cow at the bank that you needed a new frock because you were in the running for a national award. So boo to her she had no right to pass judgement on you its not her job.
    Ooo people make me cross sometimes.


    As for the weight pet, most cyclists eat like horses (there are NEVER any leftovers) yet are still stick thin after a while. As long as you avoid junk you can eat as much fuel as you like.
    Have you actually measured around the parts you are worried about? If you write it down every day you might get a surprise.

    Anyway look at me banging on, good luck for tomorrow.

    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pete, you leave me nice messages of support thank you.

    I don't know if that was a general good luck, or if you were thinking of next Wednesdays POB awards? Which is actually been filmed on Monday.

    I think I've won anyway, we've all won who are in the final!! It's such a massive occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think he meant the A B C D Clinic, not the Awards, lets get priorities right here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Durrrrr!!! That shows you how blinkered I am at the mo!!! I didn't get to sleep till 3am, this morning. I was sooo giddy about it all. And was up again at 630.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah Dave, I'll leave 'Recycle rides' who run the local BMX rides, to sort that out. I haven't taken my kids since the lovely Ed, gave my boy a girls BMX!!!! Urmmmmm he wasn't very happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant the awards, having got dates wrong.
    Shows what I know!

    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete