Wednesday 10 November 2010

Innovation fund :)

I often feel a tinsy bit unsupported, when I have crazy ideas, but they have usually worked out ok. After all learning to cycle, was once thought to be a crazy idea, by my peers, and family. Fourteen months ago I suggested that someone suggest me or Steve for the Feel Good Award!!!!! And Nigel, and Miriam, thought I hadn't been cycling long enough. So along with Dave they waited till this year, and I'm proud of the publicity it gained for cycling.

I had a meeting this morning with the Innovation Fund folk. I was supposed to meet them in Millhouses Park, but alas I haven't sorted my flat tyre yet. I've just priced new track pumps!!!! But I have to get one, Im sure I could manage one, eeeeek at least I do hope so??? Anyway, I was hoping that the Innovation fund would fund me to support new disabled cyclist, and just generally be positive about SDS funds and a healthy way to spend any social/keeping well/ section of cash the service user may have. But I think they have different plans, perhaps bigger and better, for Hillsborough, and the woman did say that no one could have sold her the idea better than me. Because I was living proof of the success of Inclusive Cycling.

I feel a right fat slob though now, because I aint been on Ziggy for 5 days. I hate it I miss the other Mums, at the school gates. I had to pay for a taxi back from little Tesco today :( I aint seen my Mum for a week!!

Julie called to say, I was the talk of the school in my posh frock.

2 comments:

  1. About £25 for a reasonable quality track pump? I just got a Blackburn Air Tower 2 for £22.49 including postage from Chain Reaction Cycles (£25 and they'd sent me a 10%off voucher) but they seem to have gone up to £35 today :(
    Ok, so that isn't cheap, but does have a lifetime warrentee.
    The ones with the pressure reading dial are worth it - so many people ride with almost flat tyres and then wonder why they get flats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right Missy C

    If you ain't got it fixed by weekend let me know.

    Heading North-ish after seeing kids.

    ReplyDelete